Thursday, March 25, 2010

Well, it's done...


We signed Mac up for High School yesterday. She is beyond excited, and should be, given her class line-up; Adv/Acc Algebra (she's already finished this at home), Honors English, Bio, Health, something called Freshman Focus (study skills/mentoring?), Latin I (It's Cambridge... she's already read the whole first bk), Acting I & Technical Theater. She better bring home straight A's... :) I love the vibes at the school. Being a charter/magnet school, there is just this feeling that both the students and teachers really want to be there. This is not the public school of my teen-hood.

All this is going to be a major change for us, especially after eight years of homeschooling. Fi is going to miss Mac, but I think it will also be an exciting time for her being the sole focus of our studies.

So, I guess we are now part of the Spartan family. It still feels a bit odd.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

You have to do what's best for your family. I thought I'd be a homeschooler forever. It never occurred to me that one day I'd run out of "kid" to homeschool, LOL.

Very different indeed!