Thursday, April 2, 2009

A rainy Thursday song...



The Upper Peninsula by Sufjan Stevens

I live in America with a pair of Payless shoes
The upper peninsula and the television news
And I've seen my wife at the K-Mart
In strange ideas we live apart

I live in a trailer home with a snow mobile, my car
The window is broken out and the interstate is far
I drove all night to find my child
In strange ideas he's been revived

In strange ideas, in stranger times
I've no idea what's right sometimes
I lost my mind, I lost my life
I lost my job, I lost my wife

1 comment:

Ruskin said...

Too much of London looks like this as well. It looked like this before the recession. One minute we pass through great wealth, the next minute extreme poverty. Londoners are generally known for considering the North to be a place of grim, grey poverty, yet I have never seen this kind of disparity in the North or the levels of abandonment that there are here.