Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday is always a trip-hop kind of day

By the end of the week I'm fried. Friday night means good food, a glass a red wine, and something smooth coming from our kitchen speakers. Here are a few of my favs, both old and new.

Zero 7... Of course with Sia. She's really gone south of late, and they have disappeared, so we stick with the first two lp's by them both.

I listed Little Dragon on my last post. I first heard the lead singer with this one man 'project' group SBTRKT. The lp is a couple years old, but still is a great Friday night listen.
The Beastie Boys are known for their rap, but their instrumental lp was a masterpiece. Much of the music influenced by their man... Money Mark.

Can't leave out DJ Shadow

or Tricky
Thievery Corp
Imogen Heap
Caia
Fink


And again, I could keep going till there would be no more room on the page. Wait, this page is set to infinity, so I could keep going, but I won't. Dinner and the glass of red is waiting for me, 

1 comment:

ctstrauss said...

This was strangely perfect for getting me through the Christmas present wrapping on this rainy Sunday night. Thanks for the tunes old and new :)