Thursday, January 17, 2008

An 888 update




Well, three weeks in to my 888 challenge and I have finished four of my 56 books. Fi and I are now on book three of the May Bird series by Jodi Lynn Anderson and we love them! They are smart, spooky, and great fun. Just today, the girls and I finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak; one of the most beautiful young adult fiction books I have ever read. I also had the great pleasure of listening to the audio version as well. Allan Corduner does an amazing job, as always, as narrator. I also finished God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens, great read and Life As We Knew It by Susan Pfeffer. Mac loved it - I thought it was OK. So if I can keep it up, I should be finished with at least a couple more by the end of the month. I should have lots of time to read while Mac is in rehearsals for her new play, Phantom of the Op'ry.

1 comment:

The Family K said...

Oh I want to star May Bird next!! Nik is in the middle of the Book Theif now- I LOVED IT! and I hope he does too. I have been getting up early with Todd and having a quiet hour to read before the kids get up- SO WONDERFUL!! I have finished my Jeffrey Archer- it was a fun read- and ready to start the Konigsburg-- or May Bird... I DON"T KNOW!!