Sunday, May 25, 2008

Getting older



I was listening to NPR the other day. They were discussing the up coming democratic convention in Denver, and about a group that wants to bring back the protests in the spirit of the 68' Chicago Convention. It was also mentioned that this might be a challenge given that half the population of the US was born after the 68' Convention. Wow, that fact really gave me pause. I'm really getting old. I don't feel old, except in the morning when getting out of bed. Well, today Dick Martin passed away. I grew-up watching Laugh In with my parents, most likely missing most of the jokes, but enjoying the timing of the humor non-the-less. The show started in 68 and ran until 1973. I still remember many of the skits to this day. Martin was 86, but I still see him as a young guy; ah the magic of television.

Good Night Dick!

2 comments:

Sheralyn said...

My parents watched Laugh In too, and although I don't remember it at all, I do have memories of my parents quoting from the show or talking about some of the more memorable sketches. It was a classic.

Laurie said...

Yikers. *That* is a bit of a pause. lol Oh, my.