Thursday, May 8, 2008

I've been tagged!




Patricia at Classical Ed tagged me. Like I don't have school to do?

Here are the rules:

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago: Gosh, I was a wash in La Leche League, working on becoming a Leader, taking care of Ms. Mac, two at the time, and enjoying our little house in the big woods.

Five Snacks I enjoy:

1. Chocolate - really good chocolate. Only recently have I been able to eat it again in small amounts. So when I do it's the best I can put my grubby hands on.

2. Patricia got me hooked on Smart Food's White Cheddar Popcorn. We try to be good and get it every once and a while.

3. Sabra Hummus with garlic and pine nuts, scooped with either, fresh squash, cucumbers, or carrots.

4. Blue corn chips and fresh mango salsa

5. Nuts, cashews, almonds, peanuts (I know they are not technically nuts), pistachios, etc

6. Most fresh fruit, Mangos, berries, bananas, apples (with a bit of cashew butter)


In the real world I am:


1. Tired, I need more sleep. Too many late nights checking on Ms. Fi

2. Hopeful, that this will be a great summer and that things will be better, more joy in our lives.

3. Sad, our pup is not doing well. I'm not sure how much longer she will be with us. So we are doing a lot of looking back.

4. Laughing at the thought that it is cold somewhere in the US? It will be in the lower 80's today. But then again, I don't live near the OCEAN!!!!

5. Stressed.... Yes, this is a normal everyday feeling. Just wish it would go away!

6. Planning, always writing down lists of things to do, w/o, do school, go food shopping, more ideas for fall curriculum, etc

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. Buy all members of my family the one thing the desired most (if it could be bought)

2. Allow A to retire and find his life's passion

3. Travel the world with my family

4. Invest and give most of the profits to different charities (like this one... so I stole it, LOL)

5. Have an amazing studio, so when we were not traveling, I could make jewelry, do hand building, and edit my photos taking on our travels. Of course Fi would have a studio too and Mac her own drama troop/theater.


Five jobs that I have had:

1. Babysitter through high school

2. Worked at B' Dalton while in college (from part-time up to Asst. Manager) almost 10 years! Ugh...

3. Worked at Chapter 11 Books. I think I see a pattern

4. Became a mom, very hard job, for which I am still employed. Oh and add homeschool teacher (about six years now)

5. LLL Leader (Breastfeeding support) for almost eight years. Held a number of positions within the organization. It's so sad that they are a mess.

Three of my habits:

1. I am an internet junkie.... Is this like a 10 step program?

2. I just talk too much... so since I often has no one around to talk to, I post too much.

3. I worry too much, about everything. I'm really trying to work on this.


Five places I have lived:


1. Manhattan (NY, NY)
2. Riverdale (Bronx), NY
3. Larchmont, NY
4. Dunwoody, GA (just north of Atl)
5. Woodstock, GA (just a little farther north of Atl) and now Roswell (moving back closer to Atl). Next might be to the city! Or near the OCEAN!!!!!


What do you want others to get from your blog:

Share with family, friends and cyber friends what we are up to. To be a bit of diversity in the home school community.


SO now I tag....

Lorna at Socks and Books
Audrey at A Small Corner of Nowhere
Jenn at Captain Blackfoot
Parabola at Schola of Liber Sententia
Lori at The Von Kekel Academy


And whoever else wants to join the fun. Leave a comment so I can check out your responses!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

http://blakfut.blogspot.com/2008/04/ive-been-tagged-by-mom2legomaniacs.html

LOL, I've already been hit. It's so hard to find someone to "tag", isn't it?

Mama Peep said...

Sorry about delaying your w/o. Lisa delayed my reading time last night if that makes you feel better. :-)

Patricia

Meliss said...

Now I'm really curious...Why is LLL a mess?

Please don't take any time away from school or exercise to answer me. :)

Sheralyn said...

OK, you tagged me! Thanks....I think ;)

Sheralyn (Parabola)